View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsa View Post
Tried that, multiple times. May have helped some, but IMO the issue is the rough spot at the forehead area where the lining is bonded together. I might expect something like that from a cheap helmet, but not one like this. I've been riding for over 30 years and owned many helmets, both inexpensive and expensive, and have not had one more irritating than the forehead spot on the C3. If it wasn't so expensive I'd write it off as a lesson learned and wouldn't be bitching. I just expected a lot more for the $, and particularly when Schuberth admitted they've had multiple complaints about this exact issue and as far as I know haven't addressed it.
Yeah, I thought my C3 was broken in as I had done many weekend trips and several day rides wearing it. Then, I went to the West Coast (from NC) and wore it every single day for a month. On day two, after a 600 mile day one, I had a "hot spot above my hairline in the center of my head. I looked and, sure enough, there was a little seam in there and I figured it was the culprit. I got a big spoon and mashed the heck out of that area and no more problems after that. No more problems after that.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote