View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #149
backdrifter OP
Wannabe rider

Oddometer: 1,363
Thanks for sharing!

I would definitely give doing a build thread some thought. The only downside I can think of is the time it takes to keep it up. I find it therapeutic though, and don't mind one bit. The plusses are that you'll always have a record of what you did, you'll have lots of photos to go back and reference when you have questions, and you'll have the support and camaraderie of many fellow forum members!

It sounds funny to hear that you've found my build inspirational. If I can do something like this, anyone can! Quite honestly, I wasn't sure if I had gotten myself in over my head (actually, I'm still not sure) once I started tearing the bike apart. But, you take it piece by piece and find that you're capable of a lot more than you thought. It still doesn't seem to me like I've done a lot, until I start listing everything that I've done to the bike (and look at all my receipts!).

I hope you do decide to do a build diary - I'd love to follow along and root for you!

Now the important question: How do you like your '73 R60/5? As someone who's never ridden an R60/5, or any airhead for that matter, the suspense is killing me. I seriously have weekly dreams about the first ride. I can't wait....

1973 BMW R60/5:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608166
backdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote