View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
officerleroy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
That's a pretty good idea about the trash bins, I'll have to look at that. I tossed the flimsy plastic liners on day one as they were pretty useless.

I've used the saddlebags for about a year now and have no complaints. It's no-contest between the soft bags and the hard jesse-types. As mentioned, the weight savings alone do it for me, and they're water tight. Plus when the bike decides to take a nap it's nice to not worry about damaging them or the mounting points since the soft bags by definition can absorb some impact. I guess you can't put all your hardcore-adventure stickers all over the wolfmans though

But mainly what I wanted to add to this was about their duffle bag. I got tired of bungee-webbing everything to the back so instead finally picked up their open top duffle from the open-house a couple weeks back. It's pretty sweet so far. It's essentially like one of the saddlebags turned into a duffle, with the roll-top. So you get the easy access compared to just a bottom or bottom/top opening like most dry-bags and it can expand or decrease as needed. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic, but it's all i've got right now:

officerleroy is offline   Reply With Quote