View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
ktmMike
roadscout

Oddometer: 1,224
Laugh ride

################################################## ##################################################
RIDE:

I am very sorry for the last minute changes, but I will not be able to lead the type of ride I had originally planned.
I twisted and sprained an ankle in a motorcycle/dog incident in early August, and I continued to hope it would be better by October.
But like a previous ankle injury, it's not getting better nearly fast enough. It's still swollen, and I can't risk making it worse.
I will have to stick to pavement and good gravel, bypassing the rocky unimproved roads in the plan.
However, Shane _anatic has volunteered to cover much of my original plan with many of those same unimproved roads on a Saturday 930 ride.

I will ride over into the Cocke County Maze with whoever wants to go along.
Meet at THE gas station in Hot Springs, Saturday morning ready to LEAVE at 9am.

About 50% paved ROADS (3/4 pace)
About 50% gravel ROADS (medium pace)

Bikes: No crotch-rockets, no full-dressers, no cruisers.

Tires: Pretty much anything YOU can ride gravel with.

Gas: Fill up before we leave, and then I'll be stopping for fuel at least every 70 miles or so.
Bring cash for gas because some stations over there do not take credit cards.

Lunch: We PLAN to have lunch someplace, but bring snacks in case of some delay.

Safety: Safety is first. Work together. Ride at your own pace. Someone will be waiting for you at the next turn.
Leave plenty of room between riders. Pass cars, but not each other, whether moving or stopped.
You can swap places at intersections.

Staying together: Since there are 60 - 70 turns, we use a relay system to stay together.

Flats tires/Breakdowns: If the rider in front of you stops, please stop with him, and everyone behind you should stop too.
Don't chase the leaders, they will come back. PLEASE BRING TIRE REPAIR.

################################################## ##################################################

This is NOT the only ride. There will be others.

ktmMike screwed with this post 09-17-2012 at 04:41 PM
ktmMike is offline   Reply With Quote