Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #94
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinSearchin View Post
I read this RR during lunch today.

I really enjoyed my lunch

Ged - this following quote by one of your riding mates really brought a smile. I also enjoy the way you tell your tale.
I think the dynamic of the group was great. Age's ranged across the board, everyone seems to have gotten along like a family or a bunch of ball bustin brothers. Can't ask for much more

I want to hear about this pic. Awesome.

.................................................. .....
Grin,

That quote is from my riding partner on my Baja ride a year ago when I broke my leg in a silt bed crash...he has a dry sense of humour..... that story is here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666961

This ride's group is a tight bunch of guys who get along quite well....

I did not take that horse pic, but for a few days when we were mostly riding on Navajo land, we would frequently come across small herds of horses. They would invariably take off at a fast pace....sometimes parallel to us and sometimes in all sorts of directions....one time south of Cameron, AZ. a few followed up the trail towards us. I personally think they were playing, curious, and just plain showing off with their cavorting.

BUT, there is no doubt that their air of freedom and majestic grace moved all of us in some meaningful way.

"A cowboy doesn't cry....he just gets dust in his eye.....".

I think a few of us had a spec or two of dust blowing into our goggles when seeing the horses in this way.

That pic was likely taken somewhere southwest of Page, AZ. on the eastern side of the GC.

Ulterior Motive #4....

Develop a motorcycle trip with a group of friends, take a risk of allowing an outsider in, and just see how a guy's heart can open up....with experiences such as these horses....

"Spirituality is our sense of connectedness to other..."

.................................................. .......

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote