View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #95
roc104
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinSearchin View Post

I took that picture while riding on day 6 northwest of Cameron. It was one of those point the camera towards the target and start pushing buttons.

Like Ged mentioned, we had been seeing a lot of horses in the area. I live in Nevada and we have plenty of mustangs and horses, but they are much different. Most NV horses (near population centers) are so acclimated to people that it is hard to get them off the trail. The horses we saw doing this trip were much more excited to see us, so they put on a much better show. Can't say they appeared to be very good at escaping though, most times they ended up running parallel with the trail. Just after i took this picture they cut across and I stopped, Bobby kept going with the GoPro rolling and got some good video. I thought he was going to jump off the bike onto the horse and ride the bitch out...but he pussed out.

The color in that picture is not that good. The desert was very green and the overcast ski seemed to accentuate it. It was a very memorable day of riding for me...the fresh smell of rain in the desert, dodging horses and thunderstorms, and getting our first views of the canyon.
roc104 is offline   Reply With Quote