View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,575
We got this ride under way this morning. We met up for breakfast at Denny's in Black Mountain NC. Here is Steve, Brad and Eric. Our goal today is to reach Marion Va on back roads.

We left Black Mountain headed east to Old Fort on Mill Creek which is a dirt road.

It passes under the train tracks a few times then we stopped to see Andrews Geyser.

This history lesson is there too.

Somehow, I got the settings screwed up on my camera and all had a terrible glare so I missed the passage thru Old Fort. So here is Lake Tahoma on highway 80 headed north toward Micaville.

Sorry but I am still not getting good photos but it gets better as the day goes. We continue on up 80.

This road is no fun so don't come ride it.

Ugly log house.

The guys wanted to stop for some religion. Here Steve breaks out one of his hymnals.

The approach to....Bakersville....we like this kind of traffic since we have all had involvement with this sport.

Smile...I think we probably should be doing this instead..

Sucky road to Roan Mtn.

Assault on Roan

Carver's Gap on Roan Mtn. on 261 north of Bakersville.

Heading off Roan north toward Elizabethton TN.

In Elizabethton.

On the road to Shady Valley (91 N then 133 N)

The AT crosses here....oh crap...I should know better than to stop with theses guys. What is he doing to that sign?

Here we are!

Shady Valley

Backbone Rock just south of Damascus

Well, I am tired and need to ride early. This is about half of today's ride so I'll put more of it up tomorrow night.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote