View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #99
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
"So this band of brothers unsaddled and watered their horses.....one cowboy had to attend to a stubborn mare...."

We had made it to the east side of Zion Park around 4:00 ish....the site we ended up with was WAY better than parked beside some behemoth motorhome with screaming kids, adults wishing they were doing what we were doing, and the rest of the excess displayed by such souls...

We unsaddled our mounts and set up camp...

We were situated beside a fancy vertical stream that provided cool fresh spring water from which we could replenish our canteens and freshen up...

Travis Two scavenged firewood...

and he stood back and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of his labour...

Comfort for some was shelter from the storm...with their mount close by, nibbling on tender shoots of cool grass...

While others found comfort in starting to do a major fuel and electrical system rebuild....perhaps just to show off his vast knowledge of the 690's internal workings...

BobZ and Kevin set to the task (these two cowpokes are key contributors to the 690 thread on all things that ail this beast...so I got to learn a bunch of things.....that I will let mechanics attend to when needed, as I am a bit of a Luddite)...

(Smugmug is presently having a conniption fit so you will have to wait until their seizures settle down...)

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote