Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #94
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
Rob: Do it! I'm organizing here in Kentucky. Slow going to start, but it's great fun.
It won't be hard; the concern I have is funding. I hope AMGRASS has a big group insurance policy we can get in on, because it'll be the largest of the expenses... probably a lot higher than the SCCA insurance since there's a lot more (perceived) room for injury. Guess I'll find out. Then there's the timing system, a trailer to run the event from and store the cones and other stuff, and somebody to manage it all.

I know it'd be super easy to get going out in the SF Bay Area or SoCal, since there are tons of people there, and in LA you can run year-round. Here in Reno it'll be limited since our warm months are May through October, then it gets cold and potentially snowy.

The local autocross group (Reno SCCA) runs out of Stead Airport.. we might be able to do that too, so once (if) it gets rolling (no pun intended) I can investigate that too. An upside of this, though, is you can operate in a much smaller space so we might have some in-town options too.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote