View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #63
Hewby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
what a lovely idea

just wanted to say thanks for putting this out there. I am about to set off up to Alaska and then down to Patagonia on my 650GS and while not at all new to solo world travel, am new to being in charge of my own bike, and while its up and going I am pretty good at it, but when its in the dirt, on its side there are moments of WTF! So far seemed to have got out of all my misadventures relatively unscathed, and hoping to keep it this way but its nice to know there is a community out there willing to help out a fellow biker.

Heading up the inside passage this week and in Prudhoe by mid June. Lucky for me I have a support car in tow for this section (my parents quite concerned that actually their daughter cannot do this) but while my Dad has been a biker forever- sadly he has an illness that makes it too hard to ride along side me at this point ;( Also without a shop or tools it can be hard to fix stuff. So hoping to meet a few of you along the way socially and cross fingers I wont need this list at all for emergencies....

Cheer again,

Hewby
Hewby is offline   Reply With Quote