View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #89
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I've been changing my oil about every 1200 miles or so. Last time at that milage the oil came out looking very clean. 50% highway miles. Of course I'm looking for a way to expand the oil capacity like many FE owners, I think the use of the frame rails was pretty innovative, but a less intensive install would be more attractive to me.
]
how did your oil look after 1200 miles? the dealer recommended 600 mile changes on my 2012 570 with easy riding which seems about right, the oil was getting pretty dark after that many miles.

i'm keen on adding some extra oil capacity too without breaking the budget. i added an extra liter to a WR450F for a total cost of $100 using an oil catch can (write up here) but that was quite easy just diverting the plumbing that went into the frame and there was plenty of room behind the radiator, unlike the berg.

tapping into the cam chain and oil filter covers looks fairly painless, it's a bummer jagg dont make their oil filter adapters for katos/bergs as they are very reasonably priced.

i'm wondering if there would be room on the FE570 for one of the universal jagg oil coolers or some kind of inline oil cooler like this could be adapted?

B1 screwed with this post 05-25-2012 at 03:17 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote