Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #96
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Mornin all.

It appears that my fascination with gymkhana is shared by my better half. I have sent her some of the videos posted in this thread & last night, out of the blue, she said "I really want to do that!" Hehe, I know I'm a lucky man.
Any hoo, she is a novice, only been riding for a few months & even then sporadically. She is a little challenged in the inside leg department & riding a trail bike. Another lady in almost the same situation (very n00b) is interested too, she is riding a 2ft tall cruiser with the turning circle of the Exxon Valdez & similar ground clearance.
I want to get the girls into this to develop their skills & confidence but want to keep it fun & safe for them, their reactions are still very considered not natural yet. Things like panic braking pop up in a minor way.....IYKWIM. I really do not want their confidence or their bikes to suffer at this stage.
I intend to start with figure 8's, slaloms into u-turns etc just like the basic test but would also like to lift the bar a little for them. Speed is not on the radar.
Any lateral thinkers who could give me some ideas out of the box to get them rolling? I liked the vid that was posted with the wee ramps etc. Good idea or no? Or just stick to bike control, riding position etc...
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote