View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,626
Thank ye Shaggie!!

Well we rolled into Damascus right after Backbone Rock

And Somehow I let the dogs out...they are in front...now what? Slow down soz I can use this camera!
We are in town darn it!

On th' sucky road again...58 east out of Damascus

Went right and on down 58 a few miles soz we could hit that ol' no good Whitetop Road. It has a nice ride on gravel up to the towers but we were being chased by a big storm so we just kept haulin' and dodged that Konnarock place too.

Closin' in on us...

I think we out ran it and now we are headed into Laurel Valley toward he big metropolis of Troutdale.

Troutdale and they have a PAY PHONE THAT WORKS!!!

Approach to Marion on 16

Ok, when this crowd rides, we ride in style!
The General Francis Marion Hotel on Main Street, Marion VA awaits us. Google'em and check it out. Parking in the rear private lot under constant surveillance too! The Black Rooster Restaurant is incredible and serves til 9 PM and bar is open later. I got to plug them, they were so nice and the old refurbished hotel is a treat..all kidding aside...great place!

Check-in

Keri at the bar...neat person!

Steve in the lobby is thinking about buying himself some flowers or something

Salad anyone?

Main entree' for me

Yeah, we really roughin' it ain't we...went for a walk after dinner to pay our respects to the fallen who made this life style possible for us all!!!!!!!!!!!! They do a nice job here!

Ok guys, that all for yesterday. We are in Huntington WVA tonight and I have about a 150 photos and a GoPro movie segment that may have to wait til I get home. I may get back here later with some stuff in Hungry Mother Park before turning in but if not, it will be up over the next few days. Thanks for following us across these Appalachian Mountains from Old Fort in the flats to the Ohio border! Not sure yet about the routes over the next few days but I will make it fun!

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote