View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #492
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,358
Hey mom... it stick's out a bit... what do I do so the other kids don't laugh..??!

A very original, budget oriented (high tech) effort there redbastard...!

That would defivately be a medal candidate at our annual "Spring Thaw" nav-rally for the award; "most innovative home build roadbook holder". We've had some doozies over the years; ranging from dozens of various transparent plastic lunch boxes with manually operated wood dowel spindles, a tobacco can with lexan goggle lens cover and only one drive spindle. There have been cigar boxes of various types, and once even a small metal munitions box that the guy had fit a little electric drive motor to!

Only two words of advice for you (I am sure you can relate to, when the school is over );

1. Watch out for bushes, scrub and overhang brances to the left side of the trails/tracks.

2. Don not stack/fall/crash the bike on the left hand side...

Else, I am imagining (in my minds eye), the image of an electric drill drive unit dangling from the left handgrip attatched by the wires, with the white plasic remains of a shattered Acerbis RB housing sitting on the mounting brackets, and a toilet roll of white paper streaming from the handlesbars in the breeze!

Good luck at the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote