View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,624
Heading on home

Heading out of downtown Abingdon this morning I hit 75 south...no way am I ridin' a super slab when I am surrounded by country like this. The planned route is VA75 / NC44/ 19E/ 173/ 107 / 352 / 212 /208 / 25-70 / 209 / Meadow Fork/secret path.
How's that?

Just more sucky roads

For some time, the landscape is similar to what you see on the north end of the Creeper Trail

Caught up with a road grub

Everybody is in the Memorial Day Spirit

They will call your Bluff here

Approach to Elizabethton on 19E as home looms in the background

That train looks familiar

Just south of Hampton, I take a right on 173 then right on 107 and yes its another sucky road

Stopped at at a Wendy's for a salad in Erwin then jumped on a short section of I-26 to get away from the Sunday church crowd...this guy saw me get on the slab, thought he would sneak up behind me...followed a while hidden behind a car then he got bored with my pace...I did not dare take his photo when he was beside me checking me out But I got him!

Took the Clear Branch exit which is a 2 minute pig path over to 352

Then a left at the stop sign and follow the 352 signs to the AT crossing and into NC where it becomes 212.
More awful stuff to ride and its worse on the NC side!

Now this road fits my style, just can't run a straight line...

Lets take this sucky 208

Hang a right on 25-70 and roll into Hot Springs. Some friends just built that log cabin you see above the river

Hey dude...whatzup?

I ain't stoppin' now...209 is getting too popular but it is an awful road. Don't come ride it. There is a store at the other end, 29 miles out the road, and they put up a sign callin' it the "Rattler" Got'em a skull with a snake crawling through the eye socket, that outta draw 'em in here I'll have to get a photo of that in a day or two....too funny!

Meadow Fork

My favorite driveway is near a mile long

Once I cross that hill, Imma gone fer a few days...

Hope you had fun riding with me. Your comments, pro or con are appreciated. I'll be out and about often so check by

A short time after crossing that little hill, this was set in front of me....is this special or what?

So until the next one:

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 06-03-2012 at 08:57 PM Reason: To show food!!!
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote