View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #90
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
how did your oil look after 1200 miles? the dealer recommended 600 mile changes on my 2012 570 with easy riding which seems about right, the oil was getting pretty dark after that many miles.

I spent yesterday servicing the bike, changing the oil with a 1000 miles on it. My bike now had 3900 miles, around 100 hours. This oil saw more highway than dirt as I have only been doing local rides lately, hopefully I can pack it up soon and go somewhere.
Here's what the oil looked like, though I did take a sample and am going to totally geek out and send it in to www.blackstone-labs.com to get analyzed to see what's really going on. I'll post up the results when I get them, and if anyone else cares to send in their own sample for comparison that would be great. They will send you the sample kit free of charge.
As you can see there was a little bit of particles on the plug, the Scott's filter had a very small amount of visible debris on it, the other screen-plug underneath had a couple of small bits too.

Old and New oil.

After the service I gave the bike a throughout washing and then with great Adventure spirit and determination I rode it to the grocery store and pushed the limits of how much BBQ supplies I could fit in the onboard bags... It was so frikin' gnarly I almost didn't make it home, but the Berg' pulled through and delivered.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 05-28-2012 at 09:31 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote