View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #17
novaboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Well, I have one month until my first race. It's a 75km enduro in the mighty Atlantic Canadian muddy, root, and rock filled northeast woods

Training is going OK, not getting as much time in as I want, because of course, anytime I plan something it gets super busy at work and I spend more time in the cockpit of plane than I do riding my bike.

I have been getting out at least once or twice week, and I have 2 weeks off before the race to sharpen my skills

At least when I'm away at work I can keep up my running and strength training, plus I have been working in our yard doing renos, and carrying wheelbarrow loads of soil and gravel, and lifting slabs of flagstone is great cross training.

I have noticed that I am getting more comfortable on my XR250R. Yesterday I was riding the course at the local area faster than ever, because I was able to do it one gear higher in certain areas.

The bike is running well, did an oil and filter change, swapped out the air filter for a new one, and will be putting some new tires and tubes on shortly. Its a great little bike, has a tall first gear and can really get through tight spaces in the woods.

Next week I am hoping to hit the areas harescramble track which is an hour away for some serious woods riding practise. The owner gave me an open invitation to ride. I'll get some pics and video of that.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote