View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #68
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
For 2012 I thought the excel silver rims on the XCW were the better rims - so for 2013 you'd get the better rims for both bikes?
You are correct the AL7 Excel rims are the better rims however according to the dealer and the literature KTM is not using Excel rims in 2013 on either the exc or XCW. I found out from Woody's and verified with Excel USA directly that the Excel rims that are on the XCW are a generic Excel rim they're not the same quality as the ones you get directly from Excel. Excel said that they are not even made at the same facility. Excel has a new RIM out called the A60 it is 15% stronger than the traditional Excel Takasogo RIM but it is only available in black and has a pinstripe.

I opted to stick with their traditional Excel Takasogo RIM superlaced for my new set up.

Excell did verify that in order of strength the A60 is the strongest, the traditional Excel Takasogo is second next is the Excel on the XCW which is designated AL7 is third in the wheels on the EXC which is the weakest of the group.

Yet another reason to get a XCW over a EXC. ha sorry had to say it.

ABYSS screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 04:04 PM
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote