View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #636
s1marks
Mercedes

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
Hi Mark!
How you going to get from Beaverton to Boring in an hour at that time of day???
i'm going to ride w/ you guys also.
Question. what route are you guys taking to Fossil? I did that two years ago, 4610 to Barlow Rd. to Tygh Valley, Maupin, to Bakeoven, Clarno etc. That was an 8 hour day! Leaving at 6:00pm we'll be lucky to get out of the Mt Hood east area by 8:00pm! I'm just along for the ride so I'm not planning anything, just curious if you guys are planning on pavement all the way out there, or what your route might be!!! you can pm me the details if you know them.
Thanks,
Well, I might skip out a little early. There is always the option to meet the others at the campground in Fossil, since my leaving later will necessitate slabbing it for me anyway. That way the other can take a funner route if they have more time.

After fossil, the route will likely have some more slab unless we can find some more fun sub-routes off the beaten path. I have had so much on recently I haven't given it much thought yet.

Mark