View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #102
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,163
All dressed up for the party!

Having done far too much talking about going somewhere on the FE instead of actually doing so, it's time for me to get LOST, even if it's just for a short while.
I'm heading out tomorrow for a ride in Sequoia NP, hoping to get up in elevation and out of the triple digit heat found all around the SoCal deserts currently.

So here's my latest packing version for traveling solo self-supported, not having to worry about cold weather makes things much easier and my pack much smaller. It's going to be warm and dry.

Tent (no rain fly), bag, pad, cooking pot (no stove, that's what the axe is for), shorts, hat, headlamp, well stocked medical kit, fleece jacket, water filter, air pump, and some freeze dried food. And Scotch. That's not a comprehensive list but most things.

I moved my spare tubes inside the side panels by the radiator, covered with Gaffers tape to try and protect them. That and moving my tool bag to the tank bag freed up a little space in the Mojave for camping stuff and so far I'm pleased with this pack. Time will tell, but it's easy to strap it all down.
I also added a little more pre-load to the rear shock to try and help with the little bit of added weight, probably under 20 pounds with the 2 MSR bottles full total.

Time to get LOST!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote