View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #71
5hunge
Banned

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-s...00098&cid=1102

In a few years maybe but for now to me nothing comes close to Excel.
Thanks Abyss, I cannot find the actual article about the licence agreement between Excel and Giant again although i did find this from Total Motorcycle here http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...KTM-500EXC.htm

"NOW WITH AN EVEN MORE SUPERIOR CHASSIS
NEW FRAME

The completely revamped frame made from high-quality chrome-molybdenum steel is characterised by even greater lateral stiffness. Furthermore, it is even better at absorbing jolts introduced by the suspension system, whereby the simple handling and comfort of the 450 EXC have been further optimised.

NEW SWINGARM, NEW PDS, NEW SETTING

The 450 EXC's new, lighter, cast aluminium swingarm accommodates the shock absorber more centrally, in order to load the swing arms more evenly. The new, 7 mm (0.28 in) longer PDS shock absorber with adjustable rebound and high/low-speed compression damping, and a new setting is installed more flatly, so providing even more progression.

TELESCOPIC FORK, NEW SETTING

The 450 EXC is equipped with the latest WP upside-down fork with wider adjustment ranges and a new setting. The sensitive responsiveness and outstanding damping of the open-cartridge fork with 48 mm (1.89 in) outer tubes are a perfect complement for the 450 EXC's simple handling and precision.

NEW WHEELS

Practically unbeatable in terms of weight and stability, the new wheels have CNC-machined hubs, new black-anodised rims from Giant, black zinc/nickel-coated spokes and ultra-light aluminium nipples. They reduce the unsprung and gyroscopic masses, hence bolstering the simple handling of the 450 EXC."

The article is actually refering to the 2012 450 & 500, I know it says 450 EXC.
5hunge is offline   Reply With Quote