View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
N-Id-Jim OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Monday May 28th

It was nice to wake up to calm breezes and blue sky above. The park on Wallowa Lk is at 4200' and at the base of some 9000' peaks, so it will take a little time to get the sun to warm me up.. A morning fire and strong coffee and the oatmeal get the day going nicely.. By the time i have finished up my packing details the sun is warming me, and drying off my ground tarp. What a great start for the run home. Its about 210 miles directly to Coeur d'Alene, but who would go directly home??

The morning vistas:

I motored north thru Joseph, which is a cute little tourist trap of a town but i have no reason to stop. Then through Enterprise where i top up the tank, the i burn north on the hwy 3 toward the OR / WA line... the road looks like this:

this road rocks!

Do you know the name of this?

If you guessed this you were right:

I zipped across the high plateu thru Anatone and down into Clarkston Wa.. just across the river is the spiral hwy. I have riden it many times and today i opt to cruise down the snake river to Wawawai landing to a sweet little park.

After my milk and cookie break i romped up the Wawawai grade and broke out onto the Palouse prairie. I live riding out here in the spring! About 100 miles of this to get home:

Thanks for checking this out, i will have more adventures to post soon! Cheers!
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote