View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Long Cane Dual Sport Ride

First off, I DID NOT intend to "ride" the ride on a WeeStrom. I was there to see how "woods bikes" have changes over the last 26 years. However, my "guide" to Long Creek, BigWrench, did ride the entire course on the KLR650 he rode up the day before. After the ride, he rode the KLR back to Charleston. Kudos to the Big Wrenchand and the KLR. I took a good look at the field just before the start, and I'm pretty sure 90% were KTMs. The largest bike was a Tiger 800 that finished all but the fourth section. The ride organizer did not recommend the ride even for KLR's, it was simply too tight, and undulating for large or heavy bikes to "enjoy".

We did a good bit of exploring on the way to the Long Cane ride, and on the way back. I'd like to organize an overnight trip to one of the state OHV parks. The idea would be leave EARLY Saturday, ride mostly dirt on the way up, camp, and hit the OHV park Sunday morning and return (dirt or highway) after. I can't ride this weekend, so will be asking the email group to organize a ride or rides for those who can get out. We've had a couple new additions recently, so use the "reply all" option on tonight's email to include everyone.

Have a great week, and thanks again to Laura0107 and Marsh Tiger for getting those first great gpx files uploaded.

Clint
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote