View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
DAY 1 Mesquite-Mt trumball-Bar 10-Toroweap

DAY 1 Part I
Day 1 did not begin as planned. We started off as a group of 10 riders but eventually split up into 6 and 4 by the time we exited Elbow Canyon. Other than the troubles we had on Elbow Cyn we had a very smooth sailing trip. If there wasn't any challenging sections, then what kind of adventure ride would this have been!! Elbow Canyon was very rocky which made it difficult to gain traction and a straight line going up some step sections, in addition to the loads of gear and extra fuel in our tanks. I made it up with 2 crashes and a many close encounters with some boulders. The only way out of there was gain some momentum and just gas it outta there!

I made it up the canyon and waited for the others for a bit but didn't even hear other bikes in the distance. But I figured 6 competent inmates behind, no worries! So I continued on and eventually caught up to Browneye, Rugger & Riddler at the fork by the abandonded cabin. There we waited and decided that we should move on to make the 1pm lunch reservation Joel scheduled at Bar 10 and to claim our sites at Toroweap before it filled up. We were still another 70-80 miles away from Bar 10.

So off we went through some spectacular forest roads. On our way to Mt. Trumball Jon had some bad luck with a nail in his rear tire and a lost camera. We stopped at the old schoolhouse and made the scheduled time at Bar 10 hoping that that the rest of the crew was not injured. Everything turned out fine!

MAKING WAY TO ELBOW CANYON (Aram & Ersin waiting patiently for a little bit of torture.)

MY SECOND NAP!

RUGGER AND RIDDLER- LAYERING UP WAS GETTING CHILLY @ 7K FEET!

HELMET FOR YOURSELF BUT NOT THE KITTYS???

25 MINUTES WITH THAT 909 AND WE WERE OUTTA THERE!!

HERE WE ARE AT THE OLD SCHOOLHOUSE WAITING FOR THE OTHER KIDS TO SHOW UP!!!

BAR 10

PART 2 OF DAY 1 COMING LATER TONIGHT!!
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote