View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #184
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Day Five

We knew that the sun was going to be blasting down on us early in the morning and that, as we had no shade at all, we would need to pack up early. The plan was discussed around the fire...."What do we do tomorrow?" I was out of water and was feeling bad about mooching some from the others as they, too, were low on agua...but with their graciousness, I slacked my thirst for the evening.

I enjoyed this camp more than the others....the day's ride had been great, I managed the deep sand without significant incident, and the swim and powder-sand underfoot was my recipe for nirvana. I wanted to stay there while they rode into Page the next day for supplies and water....that way I had a beach day, and would keep an eye on our campsite ...and avoid what I thought was the deep sand exit.

They 86'd my suggestion with logic... and I promised myself I would return there some day for another campout....with firewood and water.

It was decided we would ride northwards towards Escalante the next day....after breakfast in Page.

We all slept well that night...

DAY FIVE:

The sun woke up before most of us...

Until next time....

It was a quick pack-up and the plan was to do another Coyote Bag shot in the canyon leading to our camp....Crosby Canyon....

Some pics are fuzzy...

And some Cliff Divers were running a bit slower than usual...

Out of the Crosby Canyon, we headed back to Bigwater and then Page. Back through the moonscape north of Bigwater...

Kevin's ride....nicely appointed:

We hit pavement after about 1/2 hour on the moon....and rode into Page for breakfast...

He can cliff-dive....he can ride without even touching the bars.....AND ....he's a doctor...

Okay....behave when you boys get in to town....

And don't spit or throw things over the edge...

North side....Lake Powell:

South side...Colorado River:

And the dam....

Breakfast joint in Page...

A good start....but I was missing the beach...

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote