06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Link to a full ride report, pics, map, gpx tracks
I finally took the time to sort through all my pictures and data and I put it all up at my personal website at:
Link to 2012 Baja Trip
There you will see I divided the trip into 7 sections. Each section contains pictures and descriptions of that leg of the trip.
Using my Spot device I tracked GPS locations and fed it to SpotWalla.com to create a custom SpotWalla map you will see on the above page. I tried to make this more interesting to people planning a trip to the Baja, so on the SpotWalla GPS map you will see a few icons of a camera and if you click on them you will see a picture at that location. Especially nice when it shows what the road conditions look like. Sweet!
In addition I made GPX tracks files from my Garmin 60CSx GPS and each of the 7 trip sections above will tell you which GPX tracks files apply to that section. To actually download the GPX tracks files go to GpsXchange.com under Baja (look for snooker), where they are numbered in order. Note: their policy is you must first signup and also upload 1 track log to be able to download others's tracks.
So you can either just quickly look at the map and click on a few pictures, or for more detail go into each of the 7 sections for pictures and descriptions.
Now, just to give you an idea, here are just a few pics of different sections of the trip:
1. From start in San Felipe, south to Coco's Corner
2. From Coco's Corner south down Hwy 1 to Loreto
3. From Loreto north to beach just south of Mulege, including a day trip west of Mulege into the mountains
4. From Mulege to San Ignacio, including whale watching at Laguna San Ignacio
5. From San Ignacio to Bahia Asuncion to San Francisquito
6. From San Francisquito to Bahia de Los Angeles, including a side trip to indian pictographs (cave paintings)
7. From Bahia de Los Angeles to Coco's and San Felipe