View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #39
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by okanoganJim View Post
I am right there with you. My muffler is hot, but nothing unusual. the turn signal is not showing any signs of melting. Thinking maybe they richened up the mixture a bit on the 2012 bikes. So far the bike runs perfectly. I am not seeking more power that is for sure. My only complaint is its a bit jerky on slow fist gear trails. I tried the Soft power setting for tight single track riding, that seems to smooth things out a bit, but still the bike does not feel in its element with slow going. My focus now with the bike is adding some small carrying capacity so I can bring tools, water, and tire patch items with me while exploring about. Ya Hoo !
I am struggling with where to put my tools/spares as well. For now I am using the KTM flip-off rear tail bag. It has the tool kit now, but plan to add an elec pump, Motion-Pro spoons, patch kit, portable jack stand and a few other extra's and spare levers. Prolly a tube too. I use the KTM tank bag up front. It's pretty big so I can use that for travel stuff.

I have a Wolfman rack and saddlebag system, but haven't mounted it yet. I imagine I could modify that to take a tool kit somewhere and the jack stand too.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote