View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #39
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by halflife View Post
Awesome, Aarrffin'. Keep up the GREAT work on this!

I'm just N of Atlanta and mostly play in the N Ga mtns, but lately had my eye on the eastern TN/western NC area, generally south of the Cherohala. I'm hoping to pick your brain on a few sites/roads you may have experience with... (if this is a hijack, just say so and Ill gladly PM or make other arrangements).

Waucheesi Mtn lookout (about 4-5 miles west of the lake you found off Green Cove) - have you ridden up this? Is the road manageable on a loaded KLR with an average skill rider?

On other rides I may have a couple weeStroms in my group with limited off road experience and street tires. Are Buck Bald (off TN 68) and Wesser Bald, and Wayah Bald tame enough for them and/or worth the trip?

As you can tell, I LOVE me some views. Those backyard pics of yours look awesome - must be a fun ride up to get home!

Thanks again for your RR.
I went up Buck Bald a few weeks ago. We took some single track part way up and then easy (very easy) FS road the rest of the way up and all the way back to 68. It's a nice view and worth the ride. There are many easy rides in the area with great views. I'd recommend Tatham Gap although as the following pics show, only hardcore DS bikes recommended

I also recommend Rainbow Springs rd between Wayah rd and 64. Needmore rd which runs from 19/28 to Tellico rd runs right along the river and would be great for dirt noobs on wee's.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote