View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #52
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
"All wheel Drive" or "Full Time 4WD" is actually a marketing term designed only to sell to consumers.

AWD is diffs times 3. Front, Center and Rear. Lift one up and if the center is open or unlocked, it's game over. All the power will go to it and since it has no traction forward progress will be halted. So hardly "All" wheel drive.

So if the Christini was AWD a simple wheelie would stop it.

The Christini is PTO with the assistance of a sprag clutch.

Like GM or Chrysler's "Select Track" or similar. Only, that system has independent wheel speed sensors that tell the transfer case when to lock up...

They steer it as AWD to the AWD customer as well.

Again, AWD like a Land Rover Defender, Landcruiser FJ80, Merc G-Wagon, Audi Quatro, Lamborghini (V drive) and Porsche C4 are diffs x 3.
I haven't been able to figure out what the hell you are even attempting to offer here.

I ride my Christini KX in multiple conditions and when I need assist from the front wheel it is "driving", so much so that there is roost. The front wheel drives in addition to the rear wheel, there are two,,, that is both. All the wheels being driven,,, that it is clutched is brilliant.

What NXlover have you invented to improve the motorcycle experience. I have an NX250 it can't begin to go where both the wheels of this KX can regardless of the horse power. The Christini system for a short time of use will be hard to improve on, but hey look where bikes have come in a short while.