View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiluxCrux View Post
Looks like an awesome ride!

The only bad thing is it makes me realize how little of the mountains I have seen on my bike. This is both a good and bad thing.
It was a great one, I feel recharged after that ride! I'm still grinning about it. There is plenty to see out here, I've barely scratched the surface of UT & CO and I'm always looking forward to the next ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Nice ride and nice report.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanb777 View Post
Thats a great loop. I can't believe there is NO snow pack. I don't remember ever seeing it that dry in June before.
So was the bike all you expected it to be?
Yeah, the snowpack up high is crazy, isn't it? The bike is great, everything I expected and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Congrats Greg!!!

Well, are you gonna keep those metal cans?
Thanks Uli, we'll have to get out and ride soon!

I'm not sure about the panniers, they were nice to have on this trip, but anything more offroad oriented and I think they'd get in the way. I've already bought a Giant Loop Coyote bag for the bike and I'm looking forward to trying that out. I will probably keep the aluminum panniers, since they came with the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Greg,

Dude....you sold that ultra-reliable air cooled, maintenance free DR650 for that rolling, orange, maintenance interval machine???

Nice pics though
I know! Selling the DR and buying a KTM was a tough decision, but I will tell you, I was becoming bored with the DR650. Even after all the mods I did to my DR, it was... (and I hate to say this) not inspiring anymore. I wanted more. The KTM... holy hell, for the performance you get out of the 690, I will choose the 'high maintenance' KTM any day of the week. 315 lbs and almost 70 horsepower... if you have any doubts, you need too ride one.

On the maintenance thing... I've given my KTM-riding friend hell for the same thing... the 690 has a 3.5k km oil change interval and valves should be checked/adjusted at 10k km. I'll be changing the oil and checking/adjusting the valves way more often then they recommend, oil is cheap compared to a new engine!

Greg@RME screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 08:11 PM
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote