View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #228
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecreek View Post
You guys really f*#@ed up this time. I wonder how many people there are here on the eastcoast like myself who now will die if they do not ride around out there.
You are going to find dehydrated broke down dumbasses who have never seen a desert before crawling around looking for help.

Yep, that's how we keep them "wide open spaces"....

I am a desert rat and can't get enough of that type of terrain.... Kamloops is at the northernmost reaches of the Sonoran desert...and we have cactus and rattlesnakes up here as well....just not as much deep soft sand to hate....so that element is close by. The extremes of Utah and Arizona are experiences that I would wish others to appreciate....unless they are whiners....then they should stay away.

It's not that I hate sand....its just riding in the deep soft stuff....(picture not needed so as to reduce visual trauma to ADV regulars ).

One of my most favourite experiences on this ride was the evening at Warm Bay....a refreshing swim was most excellent....but the highlight was the powdery sand at the campsite....it was like talcum powder, so laying in it beside the fire was a tactile treat....way better than being stuck in a chair

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote