View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
disston...what a wealth of info and encouragement. Thanks! I'll certainly do and check the items you listed.

I couldn't believe how perfect the inside of the tank looked. At least a rusted tank is one thing I don't have to worry about or deal with. I'm hoping the carbs are in equally good condition. The petcocks move freely, with a definite "detent" in each position. I guess that's a good sign.

Makes sense to possibly put off the spline lube if shifting is OK. Can't imagine anything will get trashed in a few miles. I'm not going to ride this bike across the country any time soon. Just want to service, maintain and hopefully improve the bike over time. No total "restoration" for me. My goal is a good running bike with all of it's naturally aged character.

Battery is nearly new so that's one expense that shouldn't pop up. I'll get a battery tender on it ASAP. I have mine loaned out at the moment so it's time to call it in.

Thanks again!

crazydrummerdude...I think early in this thread you mentioned something about a possible meet-up. I may PM you sometime if I'm going to be in the STL area to see if we could work that out. Planning a Sat/Sun/Mon ride with possibly two brother's-in-law, and one of their buddies....next weekend, I think. Leaving from the Wentzville area is the current plan. I have no idea where we might be going, but sometime before, during or after the ride maybe?

Lynn

lake_harley screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 11:00 AM
lake_harley is offline   Reply With Quote