View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #98
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
On the Honda compatibility, how did that happen? Did Christini make some kind of deal with Honda? I'm only asking because Honda is usually very protective about their technology. I'd guess the CRF450 stuff is still patent protected to some degree, but honestly I have no idea how this stuff works.
I thought it was loosly explaned on the first few pages (I haven't looked though, maybe I should before opening my mouth...), but the base bike used is of Chinese origen (sold as an "Odes" here in Aus.

That bike was basicly an older CRF, (I think they had the old tooling for the parts, but I could be very wrong there), and from what I have heard, copyright doesnt really exist in China.

All this is just of the top of my head so if someone comes in and refutes it, they are probably right.

Edit, I just looked, and it must have been a different thread I was thinking of...

It was THIS thread...

tHEtREV screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 09:41 PM
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote