View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #44
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,611
Had to put a a new battery in the GS. Mine seemed to be fine one day and GONE the next. Took it out of my bike and tried to charge it that way off the canbus and that would not do either. Another ride bud of mine had the same thing happen when his got about 2 years old. Anyway, so I will try and aftermarket brand that I trust since its cheaper than the Beemer version that I had and we will see....took the bike out fer a short spin to a road I had not been on in a long long time over near Rosman. Headed up 215 from my place...awful road..avoid it if you get this way:

There are several of these old Iron bridges in the neighborhood. This one goes to private property now and used to be about 5 miles down the river about 60 years ago. Bridge recycling I guess you would say. The bridge that replaced it has been on the NC TIP program list to replace for 25 years...hope yor motorcycle does not weigh over a few tons...no Harley's ( kidding)

I need a better camera or help using this thing. I had it set for a fast shutter since I take stuff rolling but when I stop it all looks washed out. Maybe I need to try something else.

How's this from the BRP by mtngal:

Decent to Rosman:

Neat brick work in town...look at that chimney!

Old store:

East fork of the French Broad River:

My kind of place:

Think some other inmates have posted this yard art up too but here it is in case you have not seen this...funny stuff!

I must have scared the locals since they runnin' from me...

Now I am back on a road where the touristas travel as you can tell

On the way home now. Just before this shot, I came upon 5 deer on the edge of the road. They were totally unafraid and so I stopped and took good photos of the rascals not more that ten feet off the pavement. Can you believe, the shots are not in my camera!! I must have accidentally turned the darn thing off as I remember having to stop and reset everything just before this. You can't tell from my poor lens but the big mountains in the distance are up in the clouds ( ref my shot from the BRP earlier in the ride as I am looking at the same spot where I crossed over) Maybe some more ugly stuff in a few days...

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote