View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #88
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Wicked Hi Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaky Phil View Post
Looks like your havin a great time. Awesome to see the bear and its cub up there. We were about 3 weeks later the year we went up to Prudhoe bay and had an great weather run. 4 fine days. They said the day we got up there that it was the first summer day they had had. No Polar bear swim ! Me neither ! How was the road on the last 50miles to Pudhoe. On our trip it was BIG chunky pit metal with big rocks to tear a hole in your tire. We saw 2 bikes with ripped up flat tires. One we talked to had to limp back to Prudhoe and get another tire flown in.
Where to next Dawson ? Did you ride the Denali highway on your way up ?
Keep up the good work
I like your comments about the big rocks , I could only run 30mph max on the worst sections on my DR would have fell apart , I would have given anything to have a KTM with White Power Susp that day. I also had beautiful weather , no wind. I was with CJ and Jazz a Aust hitchiker who we picked up in Dawson . We rode from Prudhoe to Coldfoot overnight . It would have to be one of the most special rides I have done . I was waiting on the top of the Atigen Pass at about 1am for CJ to catch up and the air was so calm I could hear his old BMW miles away , a truck passed by and the dust just hung in the air and didnt blow away. Its a special part of the world to go riding above the Artic Circle . Keep the stories and pics coming guys , and Ellen keep that bike out of the Veges . Cheers Toddy
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote