Old 06-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #4912
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,531
Philosophizing around the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaStrom View Post
...Re-calibrating......
I don't remember our exact conversation that night ... but I know we talked about such nonsense on and off:

This section was a great example of what I call total-immersion, full-body-contact dual-sport riding. You actually get to taste the terrain (or in oenophile terminology -- "terroir") (mostly because you've gotten a mouthful of it when you've crashed), but even if you haven't crashed, you're in it deep... the branches are smacking you, the smells are lush and in your face, if you turn your engine off you can hear the wind in the trees and the birds chirping (and the snakes hissing)... this is what I missed most with our sections in the way-up-north.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote