View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Scootard OP
Twist-n-Go

Oddometer: 235
RR1 Squamish to Bellingham (2)

ScooterChick did awesomely with barely a waver. We crossed the Nooksack River bridge and continued until we found the Comfort Inn on the Guide.

We checked in to a King room and promptly headed out to the Chinese Buffet.and congratulated each other with a kiss for making through the first leg of the adventure!

The Scooter Chick stands in frank amazement of her own accomplishments. She just keeps repeating “I can’t believe it” and “I have monkey butt”. While it is true that she has never been any farther than 1 hour in any direction away from home on her own bike, she accomplished today’s riding of about 170km. with panache and aplomb.
She did remark on several occasions, "I’m not having fun yet". She got to deal with uneven pavement, from road realignment and repaving....not fun, rain....more not fun and fatigue and sore feet.....not funny ! AND the weight on the back of her scooter which challenged her skill level.

Now having both had a hot shower, and having acquitted ourselves in fine fashion on General Tso’s Chicken and Roast Duck, we plan on doing equal parts of diddly and squat for the remainder of the evening.

Scootard screwed with this post 06-20-2012 at 12:24 AM Reason: photos
Scootard is offline   Reply With Quote