Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #4916
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
M9 Day 2, Sunday May 13, 2012

Today's route would take us from the Caribou to Sawtooth National forests. We'd start with a little re-route to bypass the steep singletrack, but it looked like it'd be mostly a dirt go-around at least according to the Benchmark Atlas maps. If all went well, we'd end up somewhere around the Monument Peak area, where I still had concerns for snow blockages.

It was a bright, crisp morning. Apparently some critter got into our bear bag and drank almost ALL of our bourbon. There's no way we almost polished off a whole bottle!

No one was dragging, everyone rarin' to ride.

Our re-route go-around required a few miles of pavement, which were super cool as we entered Garden Creek Gap:

I think Dave or Q said they took some photos in there, I unfortunately didn't.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote