View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #155
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
After lunch we took pavement to our last camp spot, Navajo Lake at Dixie National Park. I don't need to tell you how beautiful it was. Half of the group left to see an other close by scenic area while rest of us went down to the lake to look around and take some pictures.

We had this thick forest on the back of our camp ground full of deer. Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures of them.

ers, glad you and other took pics of the lake while we were out riding....

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
My pic of the lake. As the sun was getting low the color of the water and sky just jumped out at you.
Off to the right in the pic is Navajo Lake Resort. There are log cabins, a general store, and boat launch. This place is just beautiful. And Utah is very OHV friendly. The whole area is cross-crossed with trails open to motorcycles and ATV's.

Joel, Paul, Frank, and I, rode up and into the Monument. It's even prettier than Grand Canyon, just not a huge. But large and pretty for sure.

Way off in the distance, in the valley below, is St. George Utah. Cedar Breaks is at ten thousand feel elevation. Yes, it's closed in the winter. In fact, the campground up there had not opened yet.

chris...those are nice!

cedar breaks is only @15 miles from the campground, easy to get to and fun highway.

me, paul and frank behind the visitor center

this reminds me of bryce canyon

after stopping at the first vista by the visitor center, we went and rode up to check out the views from the other overlooks

frank

from a different vantage point

on the north view overlook

without the PPs

you can tell the road to cedar has lots of curves

on our way back, stopped to see navajo lake from the hill above

our camp is just across the lake
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote