View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Scootard OP
Twist-n-Go

Oddometer: 233
The second day began with a hearty breakfast, followed by loading the bikes. We fueled up at the Chevron station and asked directions towards Rte. 9.

After following the directions in a rather imperfect fashion we found ourselves four or five miles down the wrong road. We inquired of a Pastor of the local church who sent us the correct way and we found Rte. 9 at Nugent’s corner. While we are unclear as to whether it was Ted Nugent’s (the old rocker’s corner) or not, we took a short break then started heading south again.

Here we can see the scooters in roadworthy trim, completely oblivious to the posted sign.

We did have to pass through a couple rain showers, but nothing serious. We passed Big Lake of which we got no picture, and Lake McMurray of which we did.

We stopped for lunch in the town of Sedro Wooley at the Hometown Cafe, which is owned by a Biker Chick that rides a Victory, and has walls covered in pictures, Harley miniatures and various club and ride T-shirts.

Scooterchick's gloves got wet! Liner and all. So, we used our coffee cups to help bring some warmth to the situation.

We rode on towards Arlington where we had a cup of coffee at TJ’s Java Hut.

There was a fellow next door who does restorations and repairs to old iron, and had a nice old wide-glide, with factory sidecar for sale.

We carried on to Marysville and overshot our intended stop at Smokey Point Cycle Barn. Then we got stuck behind a train. "How long oh Lord! How Long?"

We decided it was time to start looking for a motel. We continued on to Everett, and inquired at the first motel we came to. It was euphemistically named the Best Inn. I inquired of the rate to see what could they do for us on a ground floor room with a King bed. I also requested to see the room prior to making a decision. When I was informed that there were no ground floor King rooms available and that the proprietor showed a great reluctance to even let us look at the room without paying in advance, coupled with a hand written sign in large black lettering stating “no refunds” we rode on outta there as though our tails were on fire! The next motel was down the block on the other side. I went into the lobby and rang the bell a clerk. No attendant appeared. I went outside and discussed the situation with my beloved ScooterChick and we came to the conclusion that the woman across the road at the Best Inn had phoned ahead to the other motel to say “cheap Canadians on motorbikes don’t answer the door!!”
After several more minutes of riding we did find a Days Inn at a reasonable rate, again with free hot breakfast and the requisite WiFi. The room was nothing special, but it was clean and comfortable.

We rode a couple blocks down and found an Applebee’s to eat dinner. Once again with the huge portions we were unable to finish that which we had ordered.

Now having returned to the motel for hot showers, our plan is to do some serious relaxing and we will check in with you tomorrow.

Happy scooting to all and to all a good night!

Scootard screwed with this post 06-20-2012 at 06:18 AM
Scootard is offline   Reply With Quote