View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #164
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,915
Day 4

Day four entailed leaving Lee's Ferry and heading to the Navajo Bridge for some pics and then to our final camping destination - Mojave Lake.

Leaving Lee's Ferry camp - Aram:

Navajo Bridge:

John (rrugger):

The visitor's center was also beautiful:

From the Navajo Bridge we slabbed it a short while to the trail head (Johnson Canyon) that leads through the Vermilion Cliffs:

The road was fast and fun. FYYFF:

Dropping into Glendale, UT:

Glendale, UT did not have any restaurants that we noticed so we continued down Hwy 89 to Orderville, UT and found this neat little ice cream shoppe/deli:

After lunch we hit the pavement to our final stop - Navajo Lake:

The ride to camp was ultra scenic!

We finally made it to camp and picked our spots. My camp neighbors:

Joel, Chris, Paul, and Frank went to check out Cedar Breaks NM while the rest of us were pooped and wanted to change into our regular clothes and check out the lake. The plan is to meet them at the restaurant in town afterwards.

There are some really nice camp spots along the lake. Park your car in the lot and hike your gear 100' or so into your camp spot. Niiiice!

Jon, Aram, and Ersin:

The fellas:

Camp the next morning. It was so F-ing cold that that night. It was around 1:30am when I heard Joel, "Guys! Guys! I'm freezing my ass off...can I sleep in your tent?!" (...ZZZzzzIIIP!) Thank God Ersin had the larger 3-person tent!

This was one of the best camp spots of the trip for me with the exception of the camp host cleaning the latrine at 6am! But that's another story! Second to Toroweap. Just as beautiful, but in its own different way. Each camp we stayed at was drastically different from the next, which was exciting because each day was a surprise.

Day 5 to follow...

M1Jeep screwed with this post 06-19-2012 at 10:49 PM
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote