View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #51
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,623
Sunday 6/17/2012

It was Father's Day but my kids are away in either school or working a summer job so mtngal and I decided to go out on a little ride then end the day at my brother's place for a cookout with my 92 year old dad. mtngal wanted to see the yard art I ran across a few days earlier so the first leg of our ride was in that direction so some photos are like repeats but her camera and skill is much better than mine:

Old homestead near my place

A little cloudy but actually a good day to ride

East Fork French Broad

Awful road full of curves

Relief station...now if you come over here to ride, hope you don't mind usin' the ol' hole in th' ground.

Yard art

We went south on 276 toward Greenville SC and hit the straight road 11 west by Table Rock Park

We finally headed back north on 130 then Wiginton Rd then 107 up to Cashiers where we had lunch and great BBQ

Bon Apetit! ( something wrong with the left side of her wide angle lens??) Maybe I need to eat less BBQ?

Big tag collection

Then we took a lap through a community between Cashiers and Highlands:

Really huge Yellow Locust tree!

Showered off the sweat and here is Dad at the cookout. 92, totally independent and healthy. Has himself a new camper and big truck to pull it and enjoys his camping. I am waiting for a few more photos on this cookout and yes I am trying to not eat much this week

Next trip was yesterday to Buck Bald...beautiful place. Had a flat tire escapade, met interesting people, and I'll post it up asap.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote