View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
Thanas OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
@Hunter_Greyghost
Australia, your lucky to live there, for off-road riding i think that woul dbe a great country. We have a lot off off-road places in the Netherlands, however, most of those roads are closed for trafic. And off-roading through forests is treated almost as iff your some big criminal.
Once considered moving to australia, just after i was finished with my studies. But never happened.

So after almost 4000 km (2500 miles) on the current set of Continental TKC80, which i bought second hand. I'm starting to look for a replacement tire. Really really really like the TKC80, for me they work great both on- and off-road. But now ther rear is getting near to having to be replaced. Well, probably will get another 1000 km or more out of the rear before it is really at the wear bars, but no harm in having a replacement tire ready.

So at first i would just get a new or near new TKC80 to replace the old tire. I replace tires myself, so can save quite some money that way.

However, i would consider some other tires, why not.
Anybody have some experience with these:
All of course in the 150/70-17 size.
(101,64 euro / 127,59 Dollar) Mitas E-10
(118,63 euro / 148,92 Dollar) Continental TKC80
(88,10 euro / 110,59 Dollar) Metzeler Karoo T
(81,29 euro / 102,04 Dollar) Metzeler Karoo
(116,60 euro / 146,37 Dollar) Pirelli Scorpion Rally

These are prices when i buy them from my regular place of the internet. Tried on marktplaats.nl (e-bay like site) but currently nothing available.
Also looked at other makes, such as Shinko, Sava, Kenda, Maxxis, Mefo etc. But nothing available.

Use the bike in all conditions, on-road, off-road, rain, cold, hot. etc. So good road manners are wanted, but also want nice off-road abilities. Tire wear is not that important, as long as it is in reasonable, if it lasts 5000 km that's fine with me.

I'll keep you informed what i end up going with.

I've also used Heidenau K60 Scout before, but the 150/70-17 seems like it won't handle off-road that well.

Thanas screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 01:39 PM
Thanas is offline   Reply With Quote