View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
guitarhack OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,168
Sunday Continued...

Ok, so it's Sunday. I have been riding all day and the bike sounds and feels like it is about to explode. Even at speed it feels like I am riding on rock-hard knobbies. I can ignore the chain no further.

After reading too many horror stories the night before about worn out chains shooting through engine cases, and tossing and turning thinking of what tools I had, and what I didn't have, that I would need to change the chain and sprockets out, something had to give. So I contacted the best guy I know on the subject: Blair at SVRacing http://www.svracingparts.com

Blair is THE MAN. Remember, it's Sunday night. Nobody in their right mind would get involved with such a project at such an hour - but Blair. He called me immediately. We reviewed my problem and discussed my itinerary. He figured out what he could get to me and when he could get it there, and we got a new chain and sprockets ordered - to be delivered to a hotel I would stay at in a few days in Kanab, Utah. He even looked up the hotel and called them to make sure they knew that a package was coming for me - so they would hold it until I got there. Really - I can't say enough good things for the guy.

I went to bed feeling a lot better about the rest of the trip.
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote