View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #335
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Three of the Players joined the BMW club of Ottawa on their 2012 ART School. (Advanced Rider Training.) The event took place at Calabogie Motorsports Park about an hour past Ottawa. We had to sort out our machines before getting them inspected. New tires, fluids, chains and sprockets and a general clean up were required. Chris and Riley trailered their bikes (wimps) from Montreal and Cuz'n Charles road from Toronto like a real man. Fantastic event and we all learned a lot. The event is not about lap time but more about proper cornering technique. The organization was fantastic and the instructors on the track and in the classroom were top notch.

Awesome Players! Woo!

Inspiration there. I have all the pieces in place to take my 800gs to the track and I keep thinking, 'why?' I think 'why not' is more where my head is at after watching this.

Based on the experience you guys had that day, do you think it's possible for someone with track riding experience to get their knee down on the 800gs? Has anyone ever done it on this bike before? I've looked but I haven't found anything.