View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #337
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Select the embed option in youtube and copy that. It doesn't show up properly for me even when I post to Advrider unless I do at least one refresh. Check here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385793
Cheers, will try again.

Some boring 2 up riding in National Parks.

I swear a lot. Didn't know I did. So you've been warned.

Background:

Standard gearing, D952 front/Mitas E09 rear, with pillion and camping gear, approx 430kg load out.

I'm braking down below 1000rpm at times. The engine does some funny things when you do that. If you clutch in it tends to stall and you lock the rear wheel and it all goes pear shaped. If it doesn't stall when you clutch in, the rear wheel locks any way and it all goes pear shaped. I'm just trying to get it to walk down the incline over rocks and loose crap without it running away on me. This is about as steep as the F800 will play 2 up, both climbing and descending. It is a real workout.

This was one of my first forays off-road with wifey on the bike with me. I have learned some interesting ways around the BMWs traits since then.

I had just prior to this fitted the Ohlins rear shock and front springs. Rear spring rate was 17kg/mm, front .55. I bottom it a few times during this clip. But there is one good hit.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote