View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #71
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwrider206 View Post
New 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 Jet Black purchased last month. One of the first things I ordered was the US20. I love this thing! Fits great and works awesome. And personally I think it looks great. Trying to avoid a rear rack. For touring I was going to get a few more, but just started eye balling the Overlander 30.
Any experience with triumph Bonnie's? Could I get those overlanders fitted well to such a bike?
Or is it best to just add some more US bags?
Or even crazier, what about the Overlander 60 system?
Don
Hey NW,

Thanks for your kind words about the US packs - I use them on my Scrambler and agree that they really look the part and do the job really well! But I would say that...

The Overlander gear is designed for Dual Sport bikes. The 30 isn't really going to be an option for you, but if you can get a compatible rack (see previous posts for which ones are) for the Bonneville, the 60 will work. I haven't had chance to check out if they do one, but if not I'm going to have one fabbed up to the same spec for my Scram', so I can have 45L on the sides and 2 x RotopaX fuel cells (cos the range on the Scram' sucks!).

That said, the US packs are generally more than adequate, when you consider you can easily go up to 90L on a bike like ours.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you need any more info. Which leads me on to my next post...

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote