View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #85
Voltaire
Bored Of The Rings

Oddometer: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Dyno and flow charts? The problem with both is that the numbers all depend on the dyno and flow bench and how they are run. Huge differences can be had with both depending on a lot of variables definitely including the test equipment itself. The numbers can be manipulated on purpose too! Making fair and objective comparison runs is a skill and harder do do than most imagine. My advise is don't be a sucker.
The Dyno throws up some interesting results. I sometimes race my Sons Bucket Racer, a Suzuki FXR 150 DOHC former commuter bike, the 20 bike field has about 15 of these.

Piccy from last weeks meet.
Lots of mods are done and tried on ONE dyno by the same guys and they have tried almost everything to make these things faster...cams, carbs, pipes etc.
Latest one is the Ignitech programmable ignition that you can adjust while the motor is running, Ignition, flat slide carb and exhaust with no other mods turned out 18 HP. More than the bikes with fancy cams and pistons on the same dyno.
The guys who own the dyno do it free. Then the bikes are tried on the track measured with transponders.
I'll mention next month that their dyno is for suckers....

Voltaire screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 04:31 PM Reason: correcting grammer
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote