View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #41
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by melville View Post
Looks like the pedal is free to float with the wheel moving up and down. Actually using the brake over bumps might feel a bit funny, though.
Hopefully that's how it works since most aren't perfectly centered on the swing arm pivot. I pointed out the same issue with a setup bmweuro was making. He came up with a pretty cool solution but his was with cable. I would rather use a rod too but sometimes I wonder because I think it is easier with cable.

I suspect Leadnut's setup will have less of a varying petal than the one in the photo. The one in the photo is probably a whole inch above the pivot whereas Leadnuts is further in front of the pivot but more central to the radius of the swing arm. I hope that makes sense? Pretty much the same angle BMW took. I would use a rod and some heim joints on the linkage Leadnut.

I wouldn't mind making my own hangers but with round tubing if for nothing else but looks. I want to make my controls out of real thin wall round tubing too just like BMW did with their old GP bikes. Same with the pegs.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote