View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
5 June 2012
--------------
Live aboard dive boat in Komodo National Park.

We spent four days on the boat. Met lots of fascinating people. Everyone had an interesting history, diverse background, and story to tell about how they ended up here. That's one of the things I like most about travelling.

The currents in the national park are strong. Basically all the water rushing from one ocean to the other has to pass though a narrow channel that is blocked with many islands. This means that to move a great volume of water it has to go FAST. Sometimes you were really flying underwater. The scary part is that the currents push you not only right and left, but also can suck you down DEEP. The currents were out of our league and we gave up on diving after the first day to just enjoy relaxing on the boat and the incredible views.

Stunning views

Fascinating fellow travellers

Our boat.

Some Anna

In the morning and evening, island kids paddle up to sell souvenirs. Wish I bought a dragon claw!

This boarding party is friendly!
In the morning and evening, island kids paddle up to sell souvenirs. Wish I bought a dragon claw!

Giver of life underwater.
You never think about air until you don't have any!

Headed out for a dive.

bokad screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 10:32 PM
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote